Race Equity affects us all, don’t get left behind.
The HFL Education National Race Equity Conference: Time to Act
Speakers Professor David Olusoga OBE, Reni Eddo Lodge and Jeffrey Boakye.
Wednesday 15th March 2023 – Online
Online and with access to recordings of all sessions for 28 days
- systemic race inequity exists in education, as well as society: in the progress and outcomes of learners from different ethnic groups, in the over-representation of certain groups in exclusions data, in the under-representation of people of colour in the curriculum and in books and resources in schools and settings.
- around 84% of educators in schools and settings are White, whilst a third of our pupils are children of colour.
- teachers have often not received any training on race equity.
How to take meaningful action in your school / setting?
Hear nationally renowned and influential speakers give pointers on to how to diversify the curriculum, create safe spaces for children and adults to talk about race and provide strategies for achieving greater ethnic diversity on staff and governing bodies.
- Keynote speakers
- Professor David Olusoga OBE – historian, BAFTA award winning producer, film maker and TV presenter and Professor of Public History at the University of Manchester. Author of ‘Black and British’.
- Reni Eddo Lodge – award winning author, podcaster and journalist. Author of the Jhalak Prize winning, bestselling ‘Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race’,
- Jeffrey Boakye – educator, writer and broadcaster and award-winning author of ‘Black, Listed’, ‘I Heard What You Said’ and ‘Musical Truth’
- Panel discussions and reflections on the presentations
- Phase specific interactive workshops considering
- how to diversify your Early Years / primary / secondary curriculum
- creating safe spaces to talk about race
- adopting a racially literate approach to behaviour
- supporting wellbeing of ethnically diverse students
- addressing the school exclusion problem
- recruiting and retaining staff of colour
- Practical advice and strategies from schools who are acting to improve race equity and anti-racism
- Opportunities to collaborate and build networks
Who is invited? You are!
We are inviting all Early Years, primary and secondary school staff, leaders, EDI leads, HR managers, and governors keen to address racial inequity in their schools and settings.
Return to your school/setting better connected, empowered and able to move this agenda forward with a greater understanding of what is required for an effective strategic approach to race equity and anti-racism.
How to take meaningful action to address race equity and anti-racism in your school.
Wednesday 15th March 2023 – online
With access to recordings of all sessions for 28 days if you can’t make it on the day or want to watch it again and again. Cost £99 (+VAT) per delegate.
“The time is always right to do what is right.” Martin Luther King, Jr
HFL Education – who are we?
HFL Education is a leading national provider of school improvement and business support services, training, and resources, which enable schools, educational settings and multi-academy trusts to deliver a great education. We support those we work with to achieve successful long-term outcomes for their children. We believe that every young person, through access to a great education, should be able to realise their potential, regardless of where they live, their background or circumstances.
Learn more about at: hfleducation.org