Members of new behaviour expert group revealed: the full list
Schools minister Nick Gibb has today announced a team of behaviour experts to assist a review of how teachers are trained to tackle poor behaviour.
The Government appointed teacher Tom Bennett as its new behaviour guru in June to investigate how to cut out low-level disruption in schools.
But today it was announced his remit has been expanded to look at “all the challenges of managing behaviour in 21st Century schools”.
As part of that, a new team of experts – including several headteachers – has been announced to assist the review.
– John D’Abbro, head of the New Rush Hall Group, an organisation that works with children with social-emotional and behavioural difficulties;
– John Tomsett, headteacher of Huntingdon School, a founding member of the Headteachers’ Roundtable and prominent online blogger;
– Damien MacBeath, headteacher of the ‘outstanding’-rated ARK Conway Primary Academy in London;
– Edward Vainker, principal of the ‘outstanding’-rated Reach Academy Feltham;
– Professor Sam Twiselton, director of the Sheffield Institute of Education and key member of Sir Andrew Carter’s review of initial teacher training;
– Jacinta Barnard, child behaviour consultant;
– Jonathan Molver, headteacher of the ‘outstanding’-rated King Solomon Academy, an ARK school, in London; and
– Max Heimendorf, founding headteacher of ARK’s King Solomon Academy
The DfE said the review will focus on what effective behaviour management looks like in schools, building on the work of headteacher Charlie Taylor who put together behaviour checklists during the last Parliament.